Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Doldrums

It has rained just enough to make the arena and pasture at the farm not safe to ride. The temps have been seasonable, but not conducive to short sleeves like we're always bragging about. I haven't ridden in a month and may not get to next weekend either because of an SCA event Friday-Sunday at Iron Ridge. I will likely stop by but I am unsure if my help will be needed or what.

The Boyz had their feet trimmed this weekend, so at least I know Jaz is ready on the next occasion to ride.

Meanwhile, our flooring project has turned into one thing after another, which projects of this magnitude often do. More time, more money, more work. The floors look great, and we're really pleased, but it will take longer than we had anticipated just so we can afford stuff as it comes up. Mr. Fry has been a saint.

They're calling for sleet and snow tonight, but it won't stay around long. Temps up in the 40s tomorrow and the 50s after that.

I truly hope y'all are getting in more pony time that I am. Blehh.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I hate it when I dont have a chance to ride. Hopefully soon and at least you have the flooring to keep you busy

Leah Fry said...

I need to get my sorry self up there. I haven't seen them in 2 weeks. BAD MOM.

aurora said...

I'm with you on the winter doldrums, experiencing an extended northern version here.

I've had chore time, but hardly any saddle time...warmer & dryer days are coming. Hope things turn around, and your back with your boys soon!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Pony time consists of feeding checking and the occaisiona snuggle around here this winter, poor footing and a sore back have conspired to keep me down

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin