Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday

You couldn't ask for more gorgeous weather to spend with the horses. It's great while the light lasts, but that's the problem: the light doesn't last long enough. By the time I get home, it's dark and the horses are standing around the grain locker like, "Feed me, Seymour!"

Ah well, the weekend's almost here. Enjoy some recent random pix.

Sunrise over Casa Fry.
Morning, Lake Ray Roberts, Tioga, Texas. My part of Texas is generally flat as a tortilla. I love it when the clouds form in such a way as to give the illusion of mountains in the distance.
It makes me miss Nevada.

Morning sun through the trees on the back 2.5 acres.

Jaz has no such markings. He's just always dirty. And note he's standing in a lovely patch of poop. He's such a knucklehead. He'll poop in his own food bucket.

Poco, The Old Silverback, roaning out for the winter. My woolly bear.

5 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

Poco ALMOST looks innocent in that pic! lol

Leah Fry said...

That's funny, because the light is hitting his eyes and they are actually weird like at night. I thought he looked kind of possessed, which I sometimes think he is!

sidetracked said...

Love to see the pics of your ponies, it's so good to be back online. And if you think your horse has a wooly winter coat just come up here to MAINE!!

RoSe said...

ahhh sunshine, i sorta remember what that looks like, thanks for the reminder...
grey in oregon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for checking in at my blog, "You may be a Pony Cousin, if..."
I have carefully considered all of the factors and have determined that there are bloggers out there who are just as "horse crazy" as the Pony Cousins. However, i have found many, many bloggers who have taken "horse crazy" to new heights!

Check in to the blog: http://kjmiddleoftheroad.blogspot.com/2008/11/who-will-be-pony.html
Find out if you have what it takes to be a Pony Cousin!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin