Saturday, April 10, 2010

Totally Perfect Day

I stopped by Paul Taylor's earlier this week and picked up a replacement Blevins slider and a spare. They had a big bin of them, so apparently it isn't as weird to break or lose one as I thought. And at $2.95, the price was right!

My new friend at work, Kristen, came and rode with me today. She recently moved from Oklahoma to Texas, bringing her four horses. She opted to come here and ride Jaz rather than trailer one of hers, since her BF took the truck with the hitch. I don't mind telling you, I was a bit apprehensive: I haven't ridden Poco in 2 months and haven't taken him on a major outing in probably a year.

A BIG brag on both my Boyz
Kristen and Jaz were in the lead. All these outings with Jaz have given him lots of confidence. He knows where the dogs are and he was calm and relaxed. Because he was, so was Poco. As a matter of fact, Poco was PERFECT. He didn't resist in any way. He would have liked to go faster, but he was paying attention and listening. He had only one teensy spook in place, and kept right on going. Kristen commented that none of her horses are as well-mannered as mine. I was proud of both my horses today.

Kristen & Jazu

No mistaking that rockstar mane

When I downloaded my pictures, this one confused me at first.
I guess this is what it would look like if you were
in my horn bag looking out.

After our ride, I took Kristen to Paul Taylor's.
Of course, she loved it.
Then we headed up to Heather's
for introductions.

The baby (read about him here and here)
finally has a name:
O Stop Looking
Barn name: Streaker

A stop at Dennard's Western Wear
rounded out the day.
Tired and sunburned,
we headed back to Casa Fry for
a bit of sustenance before
Kristen headed home.

A lengthy shower,
more food,
a couple Corona Lights ...
it don't get no better'nat!

10 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Good for the boyz and you! Cute baby and great name.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's great that Poco did so well on the ride! Tired of getting left back at the barn, maybe.

Glad you had a perfect day...

Jeni said...

Yup great day !!!

AareneX said...

Yay for those good BOYZ!

Laura said...

Wow - sounds like a great day with a new friend!

Glad your boys were so well behaved!

cdncowgirl said...

Its always nice to make new friends, especially horse friends!

Gotta love when your "kids" do ya proud :)

aurora said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me, from begining to end. Glad your boys made you proud :)

Desert Rose said...

So glad you had your ride!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay! I'm glad that both your boys were on their best behavior. It'sgreat that you were able to get out and ride with your friend, too.

Fun photos, too. Thanks for sharing. I'm now just a little bit stiff after unfolding myself from your horn bag...hhhhmmm.
lol!


~Lisa

City girl turned Country Girl said...

HOO RAY!!! Awesome job by both of your boys!! That always is such a great feeling when they make you proud! Sounds like it was a super fun day!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin