Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tag - I'm It

I've been tagged by cdncowgirl (Lisa) over at (Not Quite) Home On The Range to play "Book Tag."

Here are the rules:


1)Grab the nearest book.

2)Open the book to page 56.

3)Find the fifth sentence.

4)Post the text of the next two to five sentences.

5)Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one,
Pick the Closest.
6)Tag five people to do the same.

Well, the closest books were Merriam-Webster's dictionary or the October 2008 issue of Prevention magazine. I chose the latter. Page 56 is an article about Melissa Etheridge's very public battle with cancer. She was talking about why she chose not to hide her baldness from chemotherapy by wearing a wig.

"'I would have been afraid that people would think I was ugly or afraid that I would embarrass myself or someone else. But when you choose love, fear falls away.'

The response was overwhelming: News shows featured cancer survivors throwing away their wigs. Etheridge still hears from women who tell her how liberating her performance (at the 2005 Grammy Awards) was.

'It's very fulfilling to know that showing off my bald head had such a profound effect,' she says."

I tag:

"Many" at McKinna and Pandora's Box

Cuz K at Middle of the Road

Pony Girl

Chelsi

Mrs. Mom

Guess that will teach me to have more sublime reading material on my desk!

3 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Hey Leah! Wow- THANKS for the tag!! This is a cool idea, and I am happy to play along with y'all! Will get that up today, and hope that we do not have to have a Fired Up Friday again ;)

Thanks again!!! This ought to be interesting..hehehe

Callie said...

Interesting......and brave.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag and thanks for not using the dictionary as your quote. I will go to work on this tag now.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin