Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby Love

The sky looked like this, and it was hot and muggy.

The ground looked like this, and could suck your boots off.

Daltrey
O Stop Looking
Sugarbush Harley's Classic O (SBDH) x Quagga's Ardent Sun (ApHC)

Daltrey was covered with mud.
I curried him, and should have taken pix after,
rather than before.

How could anyone not love this face?

I had some closeups of his eyes,
but they were blurry because I
didn't use the macro setting.
Next time.

He is the sweetest, friendliest little guy,
and does he ever know how to push my buttons!
He loves kisses.

I found his tickle place:
right between his shoulder blades.
When I scritched him there,
he reminded me of a dippy bird.
Surely, you've seen a dippy bird before.

Kongratulations, Kris
(and Heather) on the purchase of
Kiva
SHC Estrella Princessa
(Sugarbush Harley Quinne x Sully's Pearl Star (ApHC)

We're going to have so much fun!
These are exciting times at Iron Ridge!

8 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

We could so use some of that heavy rain....but...Yuk mud!

Daltrey is cute, but I hate to admit it, but his eyes sort of spook me out a little bit.

Yes, I remember Dippy birds! lol!


~Lisa

Pinzgauer said...

Um... I've never seen a dippy bird before! *hangs head in shame*

You can even see the standing water in the catch pens behind Kris, if you can take your eyes of the grin on her face.

Hate the mud, but we needed that rain SO badly.

Leah Fry said...

Lisa, a lot of people feel that way about Appy eyes. Those of us that are suckers for spots are used to the eerie humanness about them. I can understand how BLUE Appy eyes might creep people out. But all it would take is 5 minutes with the little guy and you'd be over it. Such a flirty little Romeo. In that respect, he reminds me of another of Heather's horse's - Rico.

Anonymous said...

Little cutie! Send some of that rain our way!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So are you buying him then? He is a cutie.I always have loved Appy eyes as they seem so intelligent,and expressive,but that's me.

AareneX said...

He is adorable !

I think Kiva is pretty good-looking too...how old is she? Is she destined to grow tall?

Hahahaha, we finally don't have rain! (take a picture, sunshine doesn't last long around here)

Leah Fry said...

Fern, don't know for sure yet. We're hosting him when he's weaned. I guess I have a gift for teaching them basic manners: stand, let me handle you, groom you, clippers, walk on a lead, blah blah. All goes well, he may stay. I love his parents' bloodlines, and I think he's going to be an amazing horse. He already is for one so young.

Aarene, Kiva is 5 and she's 15.3. She may grow a little, because the drafts mature slower. According to Heather, Daltrey will be only slightly taller and heavier. Kris is on the top side of the slope, so you can't see how big Kiva really is.

Leah Fry said...

I didn't even think of this: Kiva is Daltrey's aunt (half aunt LOL?)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin