Saturday, May 9, 2009

En La Casa #9


Bathtub Bronzes

Mr. Fry and I agree the best money we spent when we built this place was the 2-person Jacuzzi tub in our master bath. We use it mostly in the winter, but also on the occasional cooler evening the rest of the year. There are 4 windows around it, with huge cedar and juniper trees outside. We like to open the windows and let the cross breeze blow over our heads. We listen to birds and crickets.

We've been known to fill his sink with ice to chill a bottle of wine or some Coronas. Sometimes we read, others we solve the world's problems — a tub summit, if you will.

We think if more people took baths together, there would be less divorce.

5 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Nice tile. We loved our old jacuzzi and used to use it every night. It's set into a deck, so anytime that it rained the ground would swell and push the tub up out of the deck, which would break the water and air tubes. We got sick of paying for repairs only to have it happen again. I keep saying that one of these days I'm going to pay someone to build up the deck higher, so that we can use the tub again, but it never happens. I think we subconsciously like not having to monitor the chemicals in the water every day. A bath spa would be so much easier.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, I think it's sweet that you guys take baths together. We only have a one person jacuzzi tub in our bathroom and my daughter uses it more than I do. My hubby is not a bath taking kind of guy. Get in the shower and get right out kind of guy instead.
We'll be married 19 yrs on May 12!
But I love the big window above it and the private views. Maybe you'll share some pics of your jacuzzi tub with all your pretty windows, too? I bet it's really wonderful. :)

~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

This is an actual bathtub. We didn't want the hassle of dealing with chemicals and such. I will have to take pix. Back there is where the Love Light is, for obvious reasons.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Sounds like a lovely way to end a day.

Paint Girl said...

I have a horse statue just like the one in your first picture!
We have a hottub outside, we love it. Nothing better than sitting in it after a long, hard day of working in the yard! I wish I was in there right now!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin