Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nothing New Under the Sun

Or the clouds.

My friend, Kristen, came over. Originally, the plan had been that she would ride Voodoo, her BF (never been on a horse) would ride Jazu the Wonder Horse, and I'd ride Pokey. There was a chance of storms all day and it was very windy, but we decided to go for it anyway. Kris thought her mare, Cheyenne, might be the better choice in the wind, but Cheyenne had her own ideas about loading. Or not. Voodoo loaded, then wigged out before they could get a mile down the road. Kris came by herself and rode Jaz. Works for me. The more miles I get on Poco's back, the better it's gotta be for us both.


The ride was entirely uneventful, in spite of the wind. The few spooks we had were in place.


Boring is good. Mother's Day was not a good day to die.

11 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Leah! Great, the more rides the better! I rode yesterday and had a good ride on the big boy. Did a lot in the round pen, then rode back the hollow where Gilly was sure that the horse eating bird lives! LOL He was pretty nervous at first, then got over it.
Don't you just wonder what goes through their minds when they are like that?
Ride on Girl!!! :-D

Unknown said...

I agree, Mother's day is a lousy day to die - but a great day to ride! Glad you are getting Poco out. Sppoks in place are the best.

We've conquered most of the wind demons. I never thought it was possible.

Anonymous said...

Around here even the big, bad dogs do not want to be out in the wind. Invisible forces are spooky.

aurora said...

Sounds like a good mother's day ride. How nice you have a level-headed Jaz to share. I bet Poco likes it too, he gets ridden more and out with his buddy.

AareneX said...

Yay for you, and super yay for Pokey. Happy M's Day.

Anonymous said...

Going for a ride on a windy day - you brave soul! I hate the wind! Besides the discomfort for me, i hate what it does to my pony. I'm glad you had a good ride.

Anonymous said...

I want to come and ride! :) Good grief, glad you didn't die. Those flowers... wow.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Love that picture!! The flowers are so pretty!! Glad you kept it safe!! Especially on Mother's Day!!

C-ingspots said...

I love that picture!! So pretty..glad your ride was enjoyable and uneventful.

jacksonsgrrl said...

Uneventful and pleasant is nice! But I have to say, if I do have to die, (when I'm OLD I hope) I want to be out on my horse, have an instant heart attack, and be dead before sliding gracefully to the ground. That's my plan, and I'm stickin' to it! Ya' listenin' God?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.cheapcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose down[/url] The primary function from the Roman fashion home offers cloned from your most recent kind of Paris. [url=http://www.busesbitermi.com]beats by dre[/url] Nfqmos
[url=http://www.christianlouboutindiscountsale.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet online[/url] [url=http://www.ogrelarp.com]Canada Goose deutschland[/url] Ridcvz [url=http://www.pandorajewelryukonsale.co.uk]pandora charm[/url]

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin